Conserving Paper by Signing up for e-Statements on Earth Day
April 22nd is Earth Day! Part of Earth Day is reducing the use of our precious natural resources. A prime example is trees as we all use a lot of paper. Around the world humans use about 1 million tons of paper a day. Here are some tips to save paper:
- Think before you print - Do you really have to print that?
- Use both sides - A piece of paper has two sides, so double its use!
- Recycle - paper is very reusable so recycle and use recycled paper
- Technology - email, scanners, and other devices allow you to share without printing
Did you know that every ton of recyled paper saves about 17 trees?
Technology has come a long way and has allowed you to avoid getting your financial statements in the mail. Now that e-statements are available, you can save paper that way too. e-Statements have many features including:
- It is convenient! You may view or print your e-statements any time you choose.
- It is simple! You will receive an email when your e-statement is ready to view online.
- It is fast! Your e-statement is available days before the paper statement.
- It is secure! Your e-statement will not be lost or stolen in the mail.
- It is environmentally friendly! Reduce paper waste.
- It is FREE!
Mother Earth would approve so do your part on Earth Day by signing up for e-statements!