7 Steps to a Balanced Budget at the Airport
The airport is the hub of modern day travel. This hub can also get you off to a bad start as you may find your budget takes a premature hit! Plan ahead and save that money for something much more exciting by following our quick tips:
- Eat before you get to the airport Airport food is expensive and sometimes the selection is not what you are looking for so eat before you arrive and bring a snack with you to eat before heading through security.
- Take only a personal item and a carry on It is faster, cheaper, and easier to skip checking luggage if you can manage it. Otherwise combine with fellow travelers to avoid paying bag fees.
- Avoid parking fees by taking public transportation - or getting a ride to the airport from a friend. There is no need to pay 10+ dollars a day to leave your car in a parking lot.
- Bring reading material as mentioned above buying items at the airport is expensive and entertainment is included so be prepared and pack your books or magazines in your carry on.
- Make sure you have cash and avoid ATM fees. Also cash helps with budgeting but make sure you carry your Debit and/or Credit Card just in case.
- Follow the airport carry on policies because you are either going to have to pay to mail that item to yourself or have to thow it away.
- Arrange for someone to pick you up from the airport as this will save you on the money you would have to spend on renting a car or taking a taxi.
These 7 tips will help open or close your trip without breaking your bank. Do you have tips of your own to help save money during vacation travel? Share them below!