10 Things You Can Do on Leap Day – Your Bonus Day
Leap Day -- February 29th -- is right around the corner. This day comes but once every four years and was first added to the calendar by ancient Egyptians in order to keep the calendar in sync with the solar year. Later, the Romans adopted this solution for their calendar, and they became the first to designate February 29th as the leap day.
Think of Leap Day as a bonus day to take care of some things you might not otherwise have done. So what are you going to do with that extra day? Here are ten fabulous ideas that I’d like to share…
- Call your “leapling” friends to wish them a happy birthday. These friends are rare – only 1 in 1,500 celebrate their birthdays on this day. There are 187,000 people in the U.S. that were born on Leap Day. I personally only know one of them. Happy birthday, Bobby C!
- Reward yourself! Go shopping with your Standard Bank Debit MasterCard® at participating Prewards® retailers. It’s easy -- Just shop, swipe and save.
- Give Shamtastically! Go to any Standard Bank branch and purchase $1 Green or $5 Gold Shamrocks. Proceeds directly benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association. I plan on donating $29.
- Speaking of the color green, did you know that you can Earn green, Save green, Be green with my green checking?
- Save on your insurance premiums. Call for a FREE insurance quote at 877-365-6177. Our experienced insurance professionals will assist you with your homeowners, renters, vehicles, business insurance needs and more.
- Plan your next day trip or extended getaway with Standard Bank’s Travel Club.
- Speak to a friendly Standard Bank Mortgage Consultant about the best options for you if you are in the process of buying or refinancing your home.
- Spread the word! Tell your friends about the FREE Reverse Mortgage Buyer’s Guide! It’s easy to download.
- Get trusted advice on retirement and college planning from our Standard Financial Services team.
- Pencil it your calendar -- the next bonus day after this Wednesday is February 29, 2016.