You made it through Black Friday, either by sheer perseverance or by avoiding shopping (as I did). Some of us like to do our shopping online and it does prove to be one of the best ways to save money year round. About 6 years ago, Cyber Monday was born and it is often referred to as one of the biggest online shopping days of the year. Here are a few tips and tricks to maximize your savings:
- Join e-mail lists – You get more offers and you get them right when they come out
- Search for secret coupons – Use Google to find unpublished codes that you can enter during checkout.
- Make a gift list – Having a list of products makes it easier to find the best deals and comparison shop
- Track your holiday spending – Just because the deals are great does not mean you need to buy everything
- Check the return policy – Even the best gifts at the best prices do not always work out
I hope Cyber Monday works out well for you. Over the past few years, I have been able to put a good dent in my shopping list. This is helpful for me as I am typically a procrastinator. Do not forget your Standard Bank Debit Mastercard and if you decide to make purchases outside of the US let us know! I hope you have a happy and successful shopping season!