As the weather is warming up many of us have already started planning all sorts of activities and vacations. Planning these events can be fun but paying for them is a different story. Carrying cash or checks can be a headache and somewhat risky, while credit cards hit you with a high interest rate.
A free Standard Bank Debit MasterCard® provides you with a safe and easy solution. Debit cards can function in two ways – like an ATM card for immediate withdrawals of cash or like a check when making purchases. Our Online Debit MasterCard Application is fast, secure and free.
Debit Cards are:
- Easy to obtain. Opening a Standard Bank checking or savings account will also give you access to our free Debit MasterCard®.
- Convenient. Unlike a check, when using a debit card for a purchase, personal identification is usually not needed, speeding up the process.
- Safe. You don’t have to carry cash or a checkbook.
- Readily accepted. Accepted most everywhere MasterCard® is worldwide.
But remember to:
- Guard your debit card against loss or theft. Keep it in a safe place just like cash, credit cards or checks.
- Notify your financial institution immediately if you lose your debit card. You will probably want to close your account and open a new one.
- Choose a PIN number that only you know. Don’t use your phone number or birthday.
- Guard your PIN number. Memorize it and never write it on your card.
- Keep receipts from all your debit card transactions.
- Review your statements immediately and investigate any unknown transactions.