Summer and warm weather are right around the corner. Aren’t they? Now is the time to start planning your summer activities and trips. Luckily, we live in or near a great city so we don’t have to go far or spend a lot to enjoy some summer fun.
- Baseball: America’s pastime is calling your name. Head over to Standard Bank Stadium to see the Windy City Thunderbolts.
- Picnic: Make a lunch, put it in the basket, and invite your friends and family out to your favorite nature spot. It is a simple equation for summer fun.
- BBQ: When people think of summer they think of BBQs so be sure to put a few of those on your schedule this summer.
- Bike Ride: Biking is a great way to exercise and see the sites – either city skyline or countryside. Bike the path along the lakefront or commune with nature on a forest preserve trail.
- Beach: After you are done riding your bike on the lakefront park it and go cool off in Lake Michigan. You can top off your great day with some sand volleyball or just make a few sandcastles to show off your artistic talents.
- Water park: Getting in the water is a summer necessity. Kids of all ages love to have fun in the water and make the most of Chicago’s hot months.
- Concerts: Be sure to take advantage of the nice weather at one of Chicago’s several outdoor music venues. And many are free! Schedules are out now for Ravinia, Millennium Park, Grant Park Music Festival and Northerly Island, to name a few.
- Gardening: Gardening can be a great learning experience, stress reliever, or just a fun way to save some money. Don’t have a yard? Plant a window box! Don’t have a green thumb but want fresh, straight from the farm produce? Check out your local farmers market.
- Camping Trip: Campfires, s’mores and singing songs in the great oudoors, doesn’t get any better than that!
Be sure to check out your local library, park district or town hall web page for additional activities for the entire family.
Need more ideas? Want someone to plan your trip for you? Check out our Travel Club today!